These amazingly easy little treats are great for a warm summer day, cool winter evening, or even as a unique dessert at your next dinner party. They are like a mini apple pie, full of rich flavors and textures.
The ingredients list is for 1 apple – multiply by however many you’d like to make!
Prep time takes about 15 minutes for 1-2 apples, more if you plan to make to make in bulk.
•Honey Crisp Apple
•1 tablespoon Nektar Honey Crystals
•1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
•1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
•1 tablespoon raisins
•1 teaspoon margarine (I used butter)
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Core out the center of the apple leaving 1/4 inch on the bottom of the apple (I used a melon baller and it worked splendidly). I chopped this up and used some for the filling.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Spoon dry ingredients into the apple.
5. Place 1 teaspoon margarine/butter on top.
6. Place in a baking dish with 1/4 inch of water on the bottom. Cook for 1 hour.
7. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving, or put in refrigerator to serve cold.
8. Sprinkle a bit of Nektar Honey Crystals on top.